Celebrating young talent across Ontario
The OYFF is a province-wide celebration of the incredible skill and talent of young creatives in Ontario!
Much like an athletic competition, before you can compete at the province-level, you must first win within your region! Find where you live on the map to determine which regional film festival to submit your film to.
Ontario Youth Film Festival (Northern Region)
Youth filmmakers from Northern Ontario are eligible to compete in the Ontario Youth Film Festival (Northern Region).
Central Ontario Youth Shorts Film Festival
Youth filmmakers from Central Ontario are eligible to compete in the Central Ontario Youth Shorts Film Festival, presented by the Barrie Film Festival.
Ontario Youth Film Festival (Eastern Region)
Youth filmmakers from Eastern Ontario are eligible to compete in the Ontario Youth Film Festival (Eastern Region).
Forest City Youth Film Festival
Youth filmmakers from Southwestern Ontario are eligible to compete in the Forest City Youth Film Festival, presented by the Forest City Film Festival.
OYFF School Board Memberships
An affordable online portal for informative virtual seminars and resources to help Ontario school boards teach students the fundamental skills of digital storytelling for class and future career opportunities. Filmmaking is a vehicle to allow students to put into practice: problem solving, innovation, self-directed learning, collaboration, global citizenship, and critical thinking skills.
What’s available to Educators?
- Access to our 21 past virtual seminars with some teaching plans
- Resources, handouts, and links to help educators incorporate digital storytelling into the classroom
- Access to upcoming exclusive virtual seminars including live Q&As with film industry professionals
Who is this for?
The skill of digital storytelling can be used across an array of subjects. We propose using video projects in a variety of classes including English, Drama, Geography, History, Social Sciences, and Languages!
Youth Filmmaking 101 Virtual Seminars
Ontario Youth Film Festival’s virtual interactive seminars give high schoolers and aspiring filmmakers the opportunity to learn about the various aspects of filmmaking from industry experts, student filmmakers and post-secondary educators, with additional focus on career opportunities.
Get a taste of the OYFF seminars with these two examples from previous years!
Why our seminars?
- Interactive with live Q&A sessions
- Suitable for in-class or remote learning
- Seminars feature award-winning student filmmakers and industry experts
- Allow for creativity, self-expression, and entrepreneurship
- Inspire students to submit their films to regional youth film festivals
- P.D. seminars for educators
This experience provides authentic and engaging opportunities for students to:
- Actively participate (What?)
- Reflect to derive meaning (So what?)
- Apply learning to influence next steps (Now what?)
Interested in a membership?
- Get access to our Educators’ Portal that includes teacher resources, links, and the Seminar Library
- Exclusive access to YouTube seminars with live Q&As